- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use information about your visits to and use of this website.
- INFORMATION ABOUT WEBSITE VISITS
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
GDPR lawful bases we use for sales and marketing
Under the GDPR there are six lawful bases under which businesses can collect, use and store personal data. Emissis a trading name of Electrical Mechanical Cooling Ltd (EMC) have identified three which we rely upon for our business activities: Contractual, Legitimate Interests and Consent.
In many circumstances Emissis rely on the lawful basis of performing a contract. This enables us to respond to you when you express an interest in our products and services and to fulfil any requests or works.
Some of our activities use our legitimate business interests to collect and use your personal data. In such cases, Emissis has taken into consideration our commercial interests, societal benefits and your interests. We do not believe our activities will have a negative impact on your privacy rights and freedoms. Emissis specifically rely on Legitimate
- Send you marketing communications about our products and services
- Send you marketing communications related to other company’s products and services that Emissis work with which we believe are complementary to our service
- Undertake business sales activities such as telemarketing
- Use publicly available contact details such as credit agency data
- Use social media data from our connections to contact you
- Use contact details gathered from exhibitions, conferences and other networking events we attend
Sometimes Emissis will rely on your consent, where you actively agree.
Removal from databases
Emissis will always offer you the choice to withdraw your consent.
- OTHER DISCLOSURES
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- POLICY AMENDMENTS
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies (or content) of third party websites.
You can contact us by telephone.
We use Google analytics cookies to research certain usage and activities on our website. No personal data about you is shared. However, in the course of conducting this research Google analytics may place a unique “cookie” on your browser.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc and helps us understand and track your use of the site and where it can improve the information and services provided.
The table below lists the cookies we use, describes them and the reason we use them:
USE COOKIE NAME DESCRIPTION
To enable or disable cookies, you will have to follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the ‘Help’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Edit’ facility of your browser’s menu). You may also wish to refer to the website www.allaboutcookies.org.
To disable Google Analytics across all websites’ visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Following the revision of the EU E-privacy Directive and the new legal requirements on cookies, we are closely following the Information Commissioner’s Office guidance and ensure we are in line with it.