EMISSIS MAXWELL ™ CASE STUDY
ARAMCO INSTALLATION CS BUILDING 1900, DHAHRAN, KSA
Pilot Implementation -Building 1900:
12,000 sq ft mixed use, three-story building, cooled by two 60-ton air-cooled chillers (24/7/365).
Local electricity costs are US$ 0.08 per kWh.
• Improvement in chiller energy efficiency of 16.9%
• Overall system energy savings of 15%
• Payback Period of 2.2 years (annual ROI 46% over 10 years)
Assessment of Roll-out plan:
Aramco engineers conducted a company-wide evaluation of the cost / benefit for implementing Maxwell™ in all non-industrial closed-loop chiller systems(totaling 63,000 tons).
• Aramco would achieve annual energy savings of
• US$ 4.64M with an installation cost of US$ 10.2M
• CO2 savings est. 25,000 tons annually
Phase II Implementation:
Maxwell™ has been included in Aramco’s “Proven Technology Database” on the Board of Engineers Portal. HTMS, through Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures, are now engaged in the roll-out of Maxwell with Aramco specifically and the KSA more generally:
• First three HVAC installations with Aramco identified. First industrial application for Aramco in planning. Industrial application for SABIC also in planning. Working with Tabreed (leading District Cooling provider in GCC) on demonstration in KSA.
• Kingdom-wide implementation would result in energy savings of $600M and CO2 savings of 3M tons annually.